Trusts are often used by clients to protect family wealth for future generations and as often as not, to secure more modest inheritances in a safe structure while beneficiaries are young and unable to look after their own financial affairs.
We have a wealth of experience of trusts, both UK resident trusts and also offshore trusts, their uses and the differing tax regimes that apply to them. We can provide trustees via our company James Cowper Kreston Trustees Limited and are experienced at acting as the lead trustee, maintaining accounting records and undertaking all of the financial operations for trusts.
We include the following in our trust offering:
- Maintenance of accounting records
- Preparation of trust accounts using cost effective accounting software
- Preparation of trustees’ self assessment tax returns
- Preparation of inheritance tax returns
- Planning using trusts in terms of their creation when appropriate and once they have been created to adapt them to suit the needs of changing circumstances and the requirements of the trust.
We often work with other advisors, be they solicitors, land agents or stockbrokers to help achieve the required aims of the trustees.